All entrants will be required to sign up through MotorsportReg
Mission Raceway 2019 Dates:
-Track Days are NOT races
-Each event is capped at 40 drivers to maximize seat time
-Drivers are divided into rungroups by ability and track experience
-Every rungroup will have 20 minutes of track time each session, 4-6 sessions in total
-Instructors are available to new drivers, making this a very novice friendly experience
-Designated “point-by” passing zones are the only places allowed for overtaking a slower vehicle
-Helmet Requirement: Snell M2010 or newer at the minimum; SA2010 or above is recommended. Cars with roll cages require SA2010, motorcycle helmets are no longer sufficient. Loaners are available
Track Day Co-ordinators: Stuart Zhang and Simon Zhong
Contact Info: E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
The UBC Sports Car Club strives to run safe, fun, and competatively priced trackdays for our members. Our trackdays are open to virtually all types of vehicles from stock to modified. “R-compound” tires are acceptable for Senior drivers (Groups A and B) provided the weather cooperates (more information under Vehicle/Tech Requirements).
Each event will be comprised of 3 run groups; A, B, and C.
Group A – Experienced drivers/ track ready vehicles
Group B – Average paced drivers/ vehicles
Group C – New drivers
Each run group will have almost 2 hours on track, broken up into 4 sessions, starting at 9:00am and ending at 4:00pm. We will also have a one hour lunch break where we will have complementary food, water, and pop available to all those participating.
For the purposes of our track days, we define a novice as a person who has not completed a track day, in the car they are planning on driving, with either the UBCSCC or another group that we recognize and can verify. Important: if we cannot verify your previous experience, we will classify you as a novice for the entirety of your first track day with UBCSCC. We will be accepting a maximum of twelve (12) novice drivers for each of our trackdays.
Novices will not be allowed to carry any passengers except a qualified senior driver for the purpose of instruction. Also, novices will be expected to drive on street tires only regardless of weather.
Ensuring your car is safe for the track is your responsibility – not ours. We will conduct a short technical inspection on each car on the morning of the event, however, you must prepare your car for this event in advance of the day of. We will not be torquing lug nuts on-site, however, if we have any questions about the mechanical soundness of your car, we hold the privilege to not to allow you to run – please be proactive and make sure everything in your car is up to the task.
Brakes – Fresh brake fluid with at least 50% of brake pad remaining.
Tires – Race compound tires – No minimum tread depth and no cords showing. At least 3/32″ for street tires. Possibility of rain? Bring street tires. Novices may only run street tire.
Fluids – Engine oil, transmission, coolant. All in new to good condition.
Hood – Must close properly with stock latching mechanism and/or have hood pins for aftermarket hoods.
Windshield – Vehicles with cracks >3″ in the windshield will not be allowed to run.
Helmet – M2000 or SA2000 certified helmet (same certification as for autocross use). Loaner helmets available.
Seats – At least one seat with working seat belt. Novices: Two seats with two working seat belts (for mandatory instructor ridealong).
Interior – Remove any loose items. Jack, tools, and spare tire included.
Engine – Hoses and belts all in good shape, and no fluid leaks. Battery properly secured.
Convertibles – Aftermarket rollover protection mandatory. Pop-up rollover mechanisms not allowed.
We will provide run group and car number decals for all participants – these must be displayed, unobstructed, in approved locations for the duration of the day. All vehicles not originally based on a production vehicle must first contact our track day coordinator at @ubcscc.com to confirm vehicle eligiblity. Refunds will not be offered for vehicles which do not pass technical inspection or the minimum design and safety standards for participant vehicles at the sole discretion of the track day coordinator.
*The scheduled times for the track sessions should be used as a guide only and is subject to change.
|7:15 – 8:15||Sign-In ** All drivers MUST sign-in at registration desk **|
|9:00||Drivers Meeting ** Attendance is MANDATORY, NO EXCEPTIONS **
Additional Novice Drivers Meeting ** ALSO REQUIRED FOR ALL NOVICES **
|9:00 – 9:30||Group A on track|
|9:30 – 9:50||Group B on track|
|9:50 – 10:10||Group C on track|
|10:10 – 10:30||Group A on track|
|10:30 – 11:00||Group B on track|
|11:00 – 11:30||Group C on track|
|11:30 – 12:00||Group A on track|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch Break|
|1:00 – 1:30||Group B on track|
|1:30 – 2:00||Group C on track|
|2:00 – 2:30||Group A on track|
|2:30 – 3:00||Group B on track|
|3:00 – 3:30||Group C on track|
- All participants and guests entering the event site must read, comprehend, and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement and put the waiver band on your left wrist before departing the signature station. If you bring a minor (a person under the age of 18) to the event you will be required to complete a minor waiver as well.
- Passing is permitted only in designated zones and only after the passing signal (point by) is received. The car being passed must allow the passing car by (this means LIFT). Passing zones will depend on the group and will be outlined in the driver’s meeting.
- If you spin or have two or more wheels off the track you will receive a BLACK FLAG and will have to report to an official at the black flag station (hot pits).
- Mission Raceway has a strict 95dB sound limit, any violators will forfeit the rest of their track time.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be consumed by ANY person during the event. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited. Prescription drugs that may cause drowsiness must not be taken.
- When driving, the driver’s side window must be all the way down. The passenger’s side windows must be all the way up or all the way down. Sunroofs must be closed, convertible tops must be up, and Targa tops must be on.
- If you wish to have an instructor ride along with you, your vehicle must have equal seatbelt restraints for both seats.
- Assuming favourable weather conditions, zero tread depth race compound tires will be allowed for those drivers not in the novice group. However, this decision is at the discretion of the event chair. If there is any doubt about the weather, BRING STREET TIRES.
- Any vehicle not in impound, with its driver, ready to go on track, when the heat begins shall forfeit their heat.
- In-car video and still cameras are allowed ONLY when mounted securely. Absolutely no handholding of any camera will be allowed.
- Active lap timing is specifically forbidden.
- All drivers must have valid UBCSCC memberships by the date of the event or will forfeit their spot without refund.
- No driver substitutions will be allowed. In the event you are unable to attend, you should inform us immediately and we will do our best to fill your spot from our waiting list. 7 days before the track day, ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL and no substitutions or cancellations will be processed under any circumstances.